Friday, May 6, 2011

Sierra Schleufer, Birthday Beauty



Today is my niece Sierra's birthday. She's the most spectacular person around and everyone should know it. I just want to shout it from the rooftops of blogging world! And now is the perfect time for these delightful little photos that I've been saving for just such an occasion, which I know she would just love.



I was so blessed to have Sierra as family and friend growing up, we were always such close besties, if you leave out the part where we hated each other as small children. But of course I saw the light and ran  to her, begging for her friendship, and for years we adhered to each other as a mass of giggles and girlish joy. We had roughly a thousand inside jokes. We used to stay up later than I ever had before laughing our heads off when we'd get to that point of exhaustion where EVERYTHING is funny. We would spend so much time together that we would think exactly alike at the same time, finish each others sentences, and think we had invisible tubes connecting our brains. Which we would sometimes massage. No lie.

Sierra is the most naturally artistic person I know, in manner and talent. I could spend days trying to draw something impressive that she could surpass in a minutes worth of doodling. She has a style all her own and she is completely defined. She's the most defined 18 year old I've ever seen, and she has all the universe to tame. She's completely unique with a stunning personality and sense of humor. I hope she reads this, blushes, and knows that she is a gem, a gem in a half, and I'm glad so be her aunt Shilah.



In honor of Sierra's 18th birthday I will devotedly listen to every Goo Goo Dolls album at work today, and so should the whole world! For many a year they gave Sierra and I a lot of bonding material and deep deep down, they will always be a favorite. A really favorite. Someone's favorite. [My favorite].

Here's to Sierra, a lion of a lady, a vision to behold, the most unique snowflake, stylish wanderer of the lands, a firey thunderbolt of knowledge, skill and light! I love that girl. And now she's all grown up.


Happy birthday.

[all photos probably taken by my dad except for the last one which I stole from her facebook hoping she won't sue me for copyright infringement.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me a secret